Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend 10. 2014





Do you ever have those weeks where you feel totally exhausted at the end? My week wasn't bad, but it was very full and challenging. By the time Saturday rolled around, I was so tired I didn't even want to craft or cook very much. While this feeling may be totally natural to 90% of normal people, I was appalled. I always have weird ideas and try to cram way too many experiences into two days. Clearly something needed to be done to reignite my fervor. ICE CREAM! 

I checked Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream cookbook from the library and made her lemon ice cream and cones fo Monay night dessert. Theoretically, these should have been finished on Sanday, but this cook didn't check to see if the ice cream freezers were frozen (they weren't).  It turned out fine and broke the cooking up, so I never reached frustration level 1. In case you're wondering the levels go up to 10 which occurs if you break a cake layer, curdle frosting, or set the smoke alarm off with wax paper. At level 10 there are tears. 

Anyway, this experience was very nice and I highly recommend the book. Tasty + Beautiful = Winner! 

The rest of my weekend was lovely. I met a great friend for coffee and thrift shopping. I had a delicious orange mocha and found brand new Birkenstocks at the thrift store. Woot! 

I'm planning on popping in with a little craft update later this week, but we'll see what happens. 
Happy Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment