Monday, September 29, 2014

An Amalgamation of Things

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
     Here are a couple of photos from my past week and exploits. You may notice that some photos are better quality than others. Apparently, I can't always beg a better camera off my sisters.
     This group of photos provides a pretty good glimpse of what I consider appealing. That seems to include: puffins, cows, cookies, feet, and squash. I have eclectic taste.
 
     Anyway, on the handcrafts side of life, I'm working on "The Eternal Knitted Cardigan," some jersey tunics, and a pillow cover. I'm not making exceptional progress on the knitting, but I did finish two jersey items that I'm wearing far too often. I also finished the TOMS that I was mending and took the photo above at work.
    
      As the photos indicate, I've been cooking. This comes as a huge shock to my family (sarcasm). The cookies in the photo are biscotti from an Italian cookbook. Since I've made the biscotti once before, the recipe is now fair game for massive alterations. Instead of the original lemon biscotti, I now present: orange and chocolate, almond and chocolate, white chocolate spice, and lemon rosewater.
   Consequently there will be a biscotti tasting tonight at the house. I think it will catch on. I can see it now: Trend Alert- Biscotti Tastings on the Rise, Teetotalers Ecstatic! Before you know it there will be Groupons.  
 
     Full disclosure: these photos do not represent the entirety of my week, but rather photogenic and appealing moments. For obvious reasons, I did not include my disorganized purse or my current schleppy outfit.
 
     I'll end with a passage that I've been thinking on a lot, since bible study a couple of weeks ago.
 
"I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. . . I can do all things through Him who strengthens me"
                                      ~Phillipians 4:11-13
 
 

1 comment: